Earlier today, I uploaded debhelper version 10.5.1 to unstable. The following are some highlights compared to version 10.2.5:
- debhelper now supports the “meson+ninja” build system. Kudos to Michael Biebl.
- Better cross building support in the “makefile” build system (PKG_CONFIG is set to the multi-arched version of pkg-config). Kudos to Helmut Grohne.
- New dh_missing helper to take over dh_install –list-missing/–fail-missing while being able to see files installed from other helpers. Kudos to Michael Stapelberg.
- dh_installman now logs what files it has installed so the new dh_missing helper can “see” them as installed.
- Improve documentation (e.g. compare and contrast the dh_link config file with ln(1) to assist people who are familiar with ln(1))
- Avoid triggering a race-condition with libtool by ensuring that dh_auto_install run make with -j1 when libtool is detected (see Debian bug #861627)
- Optimizations and parallel processing (more on this later)
There are also some changes to the upcoming compat 11
- Use “/run” as “run state dir” for autoconf
- dh_installman will now guess the language of a manpage from the path name before using the extension.