I accidentally dak

So, yesterday, I “unbroke” dak – twice even! It is of course slightly less awesome that one of the broken parts was in code written by yours truly.  Anyhow:

 

Unbreaking the dak auto-decrufter

You may remember the auto-decrufter, which I added to dak.  As a safety measure, it bails out when in doubt about which removal breaks what package.  Turns out it was often in doubt, because the code had a bug.  Of course, nothing that could not be solved with a patch.

Thanks to Ansgar for merging this. 🙂

Unbreaking dak generate-releases

As a part of migrating apt-file to use APTs new acquire system (from experimental), I learned APT really likes having checksums for everything.  Now including checksums for both the compressed file and the uncompressed file.

Sadly, dak had optimised out the uncompressed checksums for Contents files, but even after removing that optimisation (and Ganneff unbreaking my dinstall breakage) some Contents files still did not have an checksum for the uncompressed Contents file.  After some sophisticated debugging (read: “printf-debugging”), I finally discovered the issue and submitted a patch.

Thanks to Ansgar and Ganneff for merging (and fixing my dinstall breakage).

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Debian. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to I accidentally dak

  1. Pingback: Links 5/9/2015: Elive 2.6.10 Beta, Mozilla’s Bugzilla Issue | Techrights

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s