Monthly Archives: July 2015

Performance tuning of lintian, take 2

The other day, I wrote about our recent performance tuning in lintian.  Among other things, we reduced the memory usage by ~33%.  The effect was also reproducible on libreoffice (4.2.5-1 plus its 170-ish binaries, arch amd64), which started at ~515 … Continue reading

Posted in Debian, Lintian | 2 Comments

Performance tuning of lintian

For quite a while, Lintian has been able to create performance logs (–perf-debug –perf-output perf.log) that help diagnose where lintian spends most of its runtime.  I decided to make lintian output these logs on lintian.debian.org to help us spot performance … Continue reading

Posted in Debian, Lintian | 2 Comments