Early this month, the first batch of packages were automatically removed from testing due to RC bugs. Personally, I find that the results stand out pretty well on the RC bug graph. There has been a very rapid decline in the number of RC bugs affecting testing – a week or two ago, we had over 1000 RC bugs affecting testing and now it has dropped to something like 760.
There has also been quite a few RC bug fixes in this time period. I spent a bit of time finding and aging some of the RC bug fixes in sid, so they would migrate to testing faster. On the first batch, we saw something like 40 RC bugs disappear and we still have more RC bugs fixes in the sid->testing pipeline.
While looking for packages I could age, I also noticed that we have quite a few RC bug fixes blocked by “out of date” binaries (which is usually either build issues or uncoordinated transitions). I have been filing a couple of RC bugs for these, but it does not scale do this kind of work manually. If you have uploaded a package recently, please take the 5 minutes to check that it actually built and it has no “out of date” binaries issues in its excuses.
 The aging was equivalent to an urgency=medium, so reduced the requirement from 10 days to 5 days.